For many of us, working from home is another challenge we must deal with as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
Although many Australians, as a result of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, already know the rewards and challenges of having to work remotely, if you are new to the full-time couch commute, now’s the time to set up healthy habits.
Discover these quick tips from HCF our health insurance provider on working from home.
- Regularly get up, stretch and move around. Sitting less and moving more helps reduce a raft of health risks
- Prioritise healthy sleep. For a start, keep electronic devices out of the bedroom
- Stick to the same work hours as you usually would. Start, have lunch and finish at your regular times
- Give yourself three action items for each day so that when you log off, you have a clear view of what you’ve achieved
- Consider setting up a buddy system with a colleague and checking in with one another as needed
- Take advantage of the mental health resources available to you through your employer; from organisations like Lifeline, Headspace, Beyond Blue; or through your GP.
Plus enjoy an exclusive joining bonus for Member Advantage members:
Get Couples or Family cover and receive a $300 EFT reward or get Singles cover and receive a $150 EFT reward when you take out HCF Corporate Hospital and Extras between 1 May and 31 May 2020 and stay with HCF for 3 months. Offer only available via the call centre (1800 880 049) or website. Terms and conditions can be viewed on the Member Advantage microsite.
Find out more through your Member Advantage benefits website.