Terms and Conditions
- Australian Unions guarantees that applications to join an Australian union through our service will be dealt with promptly, securely and confidentially.
- The Australian Unions online join facility at www.australianunions.org.au is a secure website. If you have any technical difficulties with our site, or have any questions, please call us on 1300 486 466.
- Union fees are fully tax deductible. Please retain copies of your direct debit or credit card statements to claim your union fees on your tax return.
- Applicants must declare any pre-existing workplace issue at the time of joining. Because unions are membership-based organisations, our top priority is to look after our members and so we may be unable to help you with an individual workplace issue that existed prior to joining. The amount of assistance available will depend on the circumstances of the issue or grievance and the policy of the relevant union with coverage for your job and workplace. For more information please call the Australian Unions Helpline on 1300 486 466.
- Once applicants are approved for union membership by Australian Unions they will have access to expert union advice and representation. If you have joined and have a problem at work or wish to access a union service or extra benefit, please contact your relevant union directly or Australian Unions on 1300 486 466.
- Australian Unions is a national service that provides access to union membership for all workers in Australia. Once relevant union coverage is confirmed, Australian Unions will securely transfer the applicant's details to their union.
- All new members will be sent a letter from Australian Unions confirming union membership in the first few weeks of membership. Once membership details are confidentially transferred to the members' relevant union, members will then be contacted directly by that union.
- We take your privacy seriously. Australian Unions and the ACTU is committed to handling all personal information collected in accordance with privacy legislation.
- Australian Unions (registered as Unions Membership Australia Pty Ltd as trustee for Unions Australia Trust ABN 97 754 295 529) is the national membership and advice service managed by the Australian Council of Trade Unions, Level 6, 365 Queen St Melbourne VIC 3000, phone 1300 486 466.
Do you like this page?