Non family related leave - ACTU Australian Unions

Non-family related leave

Joan asks: Is it possible to get extra leave for things aren’t family related? Like moving house or taking an animal to the vet?

Extra leave, which isn't covered by the NES (such as moving leave or pet related leave) is the sort of entitlement that can be negotiated for by a union in an Enterprise  Bargaining Agreement. Is there a union at your workplace? if so have a chat to your delegate about this - especially if there are a few of you who would appreciate this entitlement. Why don't you give Australian Unions a call as well on (toll free0 1300 486 466? We can advise you on this and anything else which might be worrying you about work, as well as find out what the right union for you is.