Australia is a lucky country, and Canberra is the heart of this nation. We have fought for and won:
* Universal Medicare
* Funding for our hospitals and schools
* Accessible and affordable university no matter your walk in life
* Retirement with dignity through a fair pension
* Community services that protect the most vulnerable
* A public service that effectively creates and administers these programs for a civil society
If Tony Abbott’s budget is rammed through the Senate, he will cut our jobs, slash our services and hurt our most vulnerable. If this budget passes, you, your family or your friends may be forced to leave our Canberra community because these indiscriminate cuts will leave our economy in tatters.
If you support a strong and thriving Canberra, join us on Sunday, 6th July to bust the budget. When Canberrans stand together against the budget, we can fight this attack on our way of life.
Canberra, ACT 2600
Google map and directions